Friday, July 16, 2004

Thoughts that are seemingly easy yet stressful

Hectic weekend ahead. Lots of time will be spent pondering about the future, while programming and trying to keep up with student life.
 
Things to ponder on..
My original plan is to study and finish my MSc by the end of the year and start looking for jobs either in London or go back to Vancouver and work there next year. The plan includes buying my own house in Vancouver supplemented by my salary. 
 
One lazy weekend, I sent out a few CVs to potential companies looking for graduates. Not anticipating any reply, I was fortunate to get a few interview requests. I went to three interviews in total. Sparing you from the boring details, I've since received a call from an Oxford-based company offering me a position.  Of course, I have to admit that I'm elated, but also down with a dilemma.
 
Option One
To start working in a few weeks time and set aside academics.
During a phone reply today, the company  told me that I didn't have enough experience for the position.. but they created a new position for me (whether it's true or not, I would never know), and wanted me to join their team.
 
Option Two
Finish Oxford and apply for an MPhil at the Judge Institute of Management, Cambridge University. It's enticing, since being a student means a carefree life for yet another year (of course with the proper funding).
 
Option Three
Finish school and go back to beautiful Vancouver and pray that I find a job. This involves the risk of not finding a job for an extended period of time. Be a *bum*.
 
I'm hoping another option might pop out of my head this weekend. An option that is less risky and as rewarding as any of those three options . 
 
Or I'll just continue playing my Monopoly game.

No comments:

Up the Highest Summit in Maui

We visited tons of snorkeling spots in Maui and in Oahu, but the 10,000 ft ride up the Haleakala National Park gives you the most memorable ...