Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Met with my Buckingham boss at Oxford

After a long hiatus, I finally met my former boss (Joan Holah). I got a chance to setup a dinner meetup at my College (Lincoln). We were supposed to go and eat at the Hall, but unfortunately, all College members and guests were moved to a smaller dining room. The Hall was occupied by a group of conference members from the US. Tried to negotiate our way into sitting inside the Hall, but it didn't materialize after almost 10 minutes of haggling.

The Dinner
It was pretty good.. a 3 course silver-served meal: the soup was a bit spicy (peppery), the main course was superb, so as the rhubarb crumble for dessert. Joan (my boss) and I walked around the College area, passing Christ Church College and Merton. It was nice meeting her again and we had a chance to catch up on the latest news about our common friends and colleagues. I was pretty surprised that most of my colleagues at the IT Office are leaving or have left. Apparently, there's been a change of management in the University and it's been happening on the highest level (Executive). The Vice-Chancellor (Terence Kealey) of the Univ of Buckingham wanted to put in more academic people in it's Executive level.

So much about Buckingham, I had a good time talking with Joan and I was invited to her farm in Northampton sometime this summer to meet her husband, a few dogs, 2 horses and goats.

I uploaded so much pictures that I took the last few weeks here in Oxford.. The weather's been pretty good the last few weeks.. it's been sunny but not extremely hot unlike last year during the same time!

Gnite!

No comments:

Up the Highest Summit in Maui

We visited tons of snorkeling spots in Maui and in Oahu, but the 10,000 ft ride up the Haleakala National Park gives you the most memorable ...