Sunday, March 20, 2005

Drizzling in Vancouver

Weather-wise, Vancouver's not the best place to be in this week. As forecast indicates, next week doesn't get any better.

I plan on taking a trip to the Canadian Rockies to avoid another week of rain. It'll still be snowing when I visit Banff. Yes, I miss snow.

Yesterday was spent house-hunting with my mum. I came home drained because I didn't find anything that I like. Houses that I like are outrageously out of my budget. We will be viewing another house tomorrow, I'm excited because this one has an indoor pool.

4 comments:

The Nashman said...

Get the one with the indoor pool. And get one with an extra room for me when I crash your place.

oxfordian said...

my carebear sister - always taunting her bro.. and no, i dont have a brit accent :)

Lemon Tree Man said...

My, my looking for a house with a pool..... you must have a great budget you know!!!!! i don't even have a a house yet adn everything i look out is outside my price range !!!!!!

Let me know what happens and how big the pool is, then i will come and crash ;)

btw UK weather still raining

oxfordian said...

went to see two houses (in vancouver west) with an indoor pool. was expecting more (like bigger wading/play area). what ive seen are not like florida vacation villas where they have olympic size indoor pools in a solarium. the ones we saw have smaller pools (a fifth of a olympic size) with a small jacuzzi area (good for 2) and a wooden sauna room at the bottom (basement) of a three-level house. have shifted gears and now looking at houses near our current house. not sure if there'd be any pools but the houses have a great view overlooking the whole of vancouver as it's on top of a mountain (however, considering the inconvenience of having to drive up& down the mountain everyday not to mention during snow season - im still for houses in vancouver west).

Up the Highest Summit in Maui

We visited tons of snorkeling spots in Maui and in Oahu, but the 10,000 ft ride up the Haleakala National Park gives you the most memorable ...